Your Art Moment: A daily dose of artwork to give you a break from your day.
The City of Beaverton is now accepting applications for Your Art Moment! This is a year-long, daily series showcasing artworks via social media to inspire the community to take a moment to reflect and appreciate art and artists.
The City of Beaverton will be selecting approximately 100 artworks for the second quarter of 2019. Selected artworks will be posted to the City's social media accounts (Instagram, Facebook, Twitter) to encourage the community to take an "art break." We will be requesting new artwork submissions every 3 months, so if you are not selected this first round don't be discouraged - keep on creating!
One artwork will be posted per day and artists will be credited using the artist's name, title of work, year created and mediums. All posts will be available under #YourArtMoment.
Artists may submit up to three works for consideration. Selected artists will receive a $25 use fee for each selected artwork(s) (up to three). Please include your social media handles in your application, if applicable.
- Call for proposals: Wednesday, May 1, 2019
- Submission deadline: Thursday, May 30, 2019, 5:00 PM PST
- Artists will be notified if their artwork(s) has been selected in the month of June 2019. Artists who have social media accounts will be tagged when their artwork is posted.
The following works will be considered:
- 2D media
- Photos of 3D media
- Literary works
- Video (up to 30 seconds)
- Artists must reside in Oregon
- All work must be original and must be submitted by the creator/author of the artwork. Please do not submit photographs of other artists' work. That is bad form. While you may appreciate that artwork, you do not own the rights to reproduce it.
- Artwork may be for sale but will not be sold directly by the City of Beaverton
- Artwork by students is acceptable (and encouraged)!
There is no entry fee to apply to this call.
For more information, contact the Beaverton Arts Program at artsmail@BeavertonOregon.gov.