Beaverton Arts Mix! (BAM!) 2017 - Art Show & Sale
Visual artists in Oregon are invited to submit their work to the 2017 Beaverton Arts Mix! to be held October 5-8, 2017, in the Beaverton City Library (12375 SW 5th Street.) Monetary prizes and ribbons will be awarded.
BAM! artists will be honored an artist reception on Friday, October 6. A free Quick Draw event on Saturday, Oct. 7 will be open to artists (BAM! and non-BAM!) of all disciplines and media. Returning this year, a free Chalk Draw event on Saturday, Oct. 7 will support a new community of artists.
A full list of programming/events for BAM! 2017 will be available in September.
There is no entry or exhibit fee to participate. No commission will be taken on any sales occurring at the BAM! event.
BAM! is a signature event of the Beaverton Arts program. More about the Arts Program can be found by visiting http://www.beavertonoregon.gov/arts.
BAM! 2017 Entrants Calendar:
- Entries must be submitted online by Monday, July 24, 2017 by 11:00 PM Pacific Time. Do NOT wait until the last minute to apply to this call.
- Notification of acceptance or non-acceptance will occur by Friday, August 25, 2017.
- Accepted artwork and completed paperwork must be delivered to Beaverton City Library on Tuesday, September 26, from 1:00-7:00 PM. Late work will not be accepted.
- All artwork must be picked up at the Beaverton City Library on Sunday, October 8, from 5:00-7:00 PM.
- Artists may submit up to FOUR works for consideration
- 2D works accepted into the show must be quality framed with a wire across the back before dropping off artwork on Tuesday, September 26
- BAM! 2017 will be juried by a panel of local arts specialists with a wide array of artistic media expertise and knowledge.
- All 2D and 3D media will be considered:
- Mixed Media
- Colored Pencil
- Digital Art
- Fine Craft
- Artists must reside in Oregon
- All work must be original
- An accepted piece of art from a previous BAM! may not be entered again
- All artwork must be for sale
- Artwork by students is acceptable (and encouraged!)
Art Racks and Display of 3D Works
- Selected artists for BAM! have the opportunity to bring an art rack with ten additional prints ($200 and under) available for sale.
- 3D artists may bring a small, table-top or small free-standing display with five additional works for sale ($200 and under). Display must be pre-approved by the Arts Program.
There is no entry fee to apply to this call. There is no exhibit fee to participate.
We couldn't run this interactive show without you; your volunteer hours are crucial to BAM!'s success. Therefore we ask that each artist volunteer one or more shifts (2-3 hours) during BAM!'s 4-day run to ensure the exhibition is covered during all gallery hours.
No commission will be retained by the Arts Program from sales occurring during the event.
Monday, July 24, 2017 by 11:00 PM Pacific Time
For more information, contact the Beaverton Arts Program at 503-526-2376 or kbuechner@BeavertonOregon.gov or visit www.beavertonoregon.gov/BAM.
This program is intended to support rare or unexpected opportunities, especially for emerging artists, students, or organizations new to the grant-making process. Projects could include workshops, art classes, or art activities that serve Beaverton residents.
Who: Students, individual artists, and arts and culture organizations who serve the Beaverton community. Beaverton schools and libraries are also eligible to apply.
What: This grant program is intended to provide support outside of the annual Beaverton community grant cycle for unanticipated events or opportunities.
Amount: Up to $500 per applicant. Only one request per individual or organization will be funded each calendar year. Applicants who receive a Beaverton community grant in this cycle will not be eligible for the diverse art offerings grant.
Applications Due: Accepted now through December 31, or until all grant funds are expended.
Applicants Notified: Depends on application date
Activity Dates: All funded activities must take place by December 31, 2017.